Operator facing challenges are extensive and unavoidable. New technology, Coverage, Capacity, and Maximizing the Value of Existing Network Resources, are challenging requirements. Network Planning is crucial services for designing any network.
Today’s Network Planning requires great strategies and forward planning. In Network planning it is also important to make provision for future innovative technology. We offer services for GSM, GPRS, EDGE, CDMA, WCDMA, Wi-Fi.
Metro Telworks helps customer not only in Network design but also in expanding rapidly and cost effectively.
As a part of Network Planning We offer following services
- Study of spectrum requirements
- Network Design and Dimensioning
- Access Network Planning
- Transmission and Synchronization plan
- Switching Network Topology
- Techno-commercial Bid preparations
Radio network planning comprises of radio network dimensioning, planning of the coverage, capacity, frequency allocation and interference analysis. Moreover it includes detailed planning, which concentrate on parameter planning with necessary field measurement.
RF Cell Planning
- Initial dimensioning of the radio network
- CW Propagation model tuning
- Candidate identification & nominal planning
- Technical site surveys
- Static frequency allocation
- Frequency hopping (RF hopping or Baseband hopping)
- Frequency and neighbors planning
- Hierarchical Cell structure
- Coverage and capacity planning and analysis
- Addition of new cell sites
- Upgrade of existing cell sites
- Signaling/SDCCH dimensioning
- Additional spectrum use
- Traffic Management
High quality of service in mobile networks is the prerequisite for the commercial success. Continuous optimisation is a process, which focuses on checking the network quality continuously and takes actions when needed. It is a more constant way of maintaining good quality in the network, especially when the mobile networks are changing rapidly and more and more customers are being served.
- Parameter Configuration Check (OMC Audit)
- Traffic and throughput analysis
- Parameter planning and optimisation
- Dropped call analysis
- Handover success analysis
- Drive test analysis
- Interference analysis
- Field measurements and acceptance testing
- Frequency & Strategy Planning
- Top N Site Targeting
Quality of Service is a measure of how the customer feels the service provided by the network. QoS is an external measure often supported through drive test programs. This measure provides the customer perspective of Network Quality.
Network performance is a measure of how effectively and efficiently the network is functioning. Network performance is an internal measure mainly derived from Network Management data. This measure provides an Engineering perspective of network quality.
- Provide Subscriber perception of service
- Benchmark figures against competitors
- QoS reports for Senior Management
- Analysis and evaluation of network upgrades
- Acceptance testing of new networks / new regional rollouts
- Independent benchmarking of vendor equipment
- Continuous/repetitive monitoring to highlight slow degradation of Network Quality
- Provision of Engineering data for further analysis
- Network Audits
Transmission network planning covers definition of the whole network topology, technology selections, equipment configurations, synchronization and management plans. Essential areas of expertise are also site candidate identification and selection, technical site surveys and line-of-sight checks.
- Initial dimensioning of the transmission network
- Transmission media selections: microwave (PDH), SDH, optic, copper, leased line, Satellite
- Existing network evaluation/expansion
- Technical site surveys
- Line-of-sight surveys
- Capacity and topology planning
- Synchronization planning
- Network management planning
- Routing with timeslot allocation
- MW link level planning and interference analysis
- BSC/RAN area boundaries definition
We offer In-building solutions with GSM/GPRS and Wireless Lan (Wi-Fi) technologies
One of the fastest changes in mobile network rollouts is occurring inside the buildings. Picocells are the ideal solution for providing coverage, capacity to indoor traffic hot spots and other priority installations, such as;- Airports, Railway stations, Hotels Shopping centers, and Large corporate clients.
It has been estimated that 70-90% of all mobile calls are made inside the buildings. It has also been noticed that it is becoming too expensive to increase the indoor location probability by outdoor sites (>90%). So the easiest way to provide good in-building coverage is to use picocells inside the building. That provides good coverage and capacity inside the building and at the same time releases capacity to outdoor cells. These solutions are mostly based on Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), Fiber Optic Distribution Antenna Systems (FODS) or picoBTSs.
We are equipped to underake
- Planning of RF distribution network
- Installation Planning and supervision
- Post installation walk test
- Recommendation on BSS Parameters
Subways and long highway tunnels represent a very challenging environment for implementing reliable seamless cellular coverage. However, there are several different solution possibilities for underground systems:
- BTS is used in underground systems where high capacity is needed and/or where the underground section is very long.
- Fibre-Optic Distribution for very long tunnels is good for distributing the signal using the optical repeaters. BTS is usually used in these solutions.
- RF repeater solution is feasible for those tunnels in which no high capacity is needed and where the underground section is not very long
Switching network planning covers dimensioning of the circuit switched network elements and related interconnections to backbone and fixed (PSTN) networks, taking into account the existing network platform.
We provide services for
- Switch dimensioning
- Interconnection with other elements
- BSC Connection
- Network long-run evolution path planning
- Routing plans
CORE/IP network planning includes dimensioning of the core network elements and related interconnections to other packet core networks, taking into account the existing network platform, the network development path, and technical and geographical constraints.
We can advise on
- IP core network architectural design and dimensioning
- Core network migration path
from 2G to 3G
- Throughput analysis and routing plans
Effective project management begins with a complete understanding of the Wireless communications industry
Project management is a methodology used to manage the effort of people, equipment and material to achieve a specific set of goals and objectives. Project management methodology is becoming one of the most popular management techniques used in the world today. We excell in it.
Metro Telworks provides placement and deployment of manpower services. We have a databank of qualified professional engineers. Our Human Resource team excels in recruitment and training, which results in retention of skills engineers.
Our presence in various countries has unable us to provide personnel with different cultures, background and varied experience.
We can provide qualified manpower of
- Network Planner
- Network optimisation engineer
- Transmission Planner
- Drive tester
- In-Building planner and supervisor
- Project Manager
- Switch Planner
- Software developer